Friday, April 11, 2008

powerprep not compatible with windows vista?

its on days like this that i realise the brilliance of the internet. when i type in a technical issue with my comp on the google searchbar and find more students who cudnt run the software on the blasted windows version. and from the various solutions listed by them, the easiest suddenly shows up on my comp and works! after hours of snapping at ppl unable to help me, and after nearly crying and then laughing at my exasperation. god bless those souls. get them 1600s.

i'm suddenly so happy i love the world. who could ask for anything more?

i got sunshine,
i got blue sky.
i got my guy,
who could ask for anything more?

3 comments:

VK said...

seems like u r walking on sunshine...good luck babes

leader said...

hai friend!!

I am facing the same problem. Can you please tell me which way has worked in your case for power prep. As I also have vista and powerprep is not working :(...

Please let me know as soon as you can.

sud

colours said...

sud - i had left the link in my post. anyway follow this

http://www.urch.com/forums/gre/66983-gre-powerprep-many-other-gre-programs-dont-work-vista.html

razzman's solution on that page worked for me. and it is very simple. just install the software in compatibility mode (does so automatically) and instead of clicking on it from your list of programs to start it, do this:
right click on it in the list of programs and then click on 'run as administrator'. should work. let me know. good luck