Monday, April 21, 2008

its that time of the year when i throw away my chair cushions. and its that time of the night when i'm wondering whether i'll be able to run tom morning this way. and i dismiss that prospect. running is like writing for me (though i'm better at the first). it just keeps me feeling better. only that it takes more effort to jump out of bed. today i realised it wasnt me who decided if it was possible for me to jump out or not. it was just possibility itself. that clears me of the guilt of not running most days in the last 2 months (btw i ran today). and anyway all muscles that i can feel are still in that i-grip-the-bones state. so which means i can bunk some more. and my hair having crossed the first stage of intolerance successfully is cleverly preparing a second stronger attack. i even bought a hairband to just hold it all. why can't i simply gift it to that friend who is paying a trichologist some good money to get rid of what he calls a case of premature baldness in a male pattern in a female? ah well. guess wouldnt even fit in up there with her thin strands. and i wanted to go this play with tom alter in it but i didn't have company as usual. not that i am dying to see tom alter. saw him once in college long back. dont know why many of these people came there unannounced. and actually i'm a little tired of hindi plays. but could have given this a try actually the last good play i saw was in december (or november?). and i'm sure this would have been better than what i saw recently by asmita. that something by the way was a typical satire on indian corruption. i'm sick of those now. and i want my boyfriend near me. (that last sentence had more amplitude in my thoughts than those others gone by. it was almost a shout). but our stars are always in different locations. now countries. and my test score also slipped pathetically down today. and my dad has been harassing me a little about being more presentable for a girl my age (read marriageable). that reminds me that yesterday's bride was actually made to practise smiles!!! the walk smile and the jaimal smile and the general smile saved for photographs which will become topics of wonder and admiration for years to come. the process that leads to those photos meanwhile blocked the jaimal from most of our view and i heard some relatives complaining to the photographers. i'v faced that a number of times. frankly i have a lot of respect for photographers in general but not those who come to weddings. i'm almost always at war with them. especially if the wedding in question is closer home and i am banking on getting good pics myself. besides the fact that others are banking on me. there was a cousin's wedding and the final photo and video cd that came processed had scenes of valleys and mountains and flowers and rivers and birds and what not before the movie began. they actually had credits of all those involved in the movie making while those scenes floated before our eyes. and i just killed a mosquito with a deft slap on my arm. oh well. its past the time when i can afford reading my book. and on second thoughts i think i'll go for my run. will plonk off after morning chores. am jobless anyway. and did you know that the way these shaadi lehengas are draped around you these days with 'zillion pins' in the bride's words, the husband is ensured a tough time. is that the first comma i've used here. i always hated those punctuate the following paragraph exercises. full stop.

No comments: