Saturday, May 21, 2016

Why bother?

"All of a sudden it seemed as if the friends of mine who used to read no longer even apologized for having stopped." Franzen is talking about America but this is global. same goes for blogging.

on a related note, so far in life I always found ppl like me, and felt at home with them. at least for a while before we changed. Very few have stayed. But they've changed too, and I have. And now there's no one like me, neither the old nor any new. I miss that.

and I feel offended when someone assumes I'm reading a self help book. yes I will always remain enough of a snob to think that beneath me.

and given that my blog is becoming my diary of sorts, I might as well record this here. I'm having sleep issues, a "strange kind of jetlag". and then I find myself dozing off behind the wheel, at 70 miles an hr. that sounds so funny.


as a result, I read more.

No comments: