Thursday, March 13, 2008

I think I’ve been a dormant supporter of capitalism till now. In some way blindly believing that the belligerent have a right to win and fatten, while the weak die out and are replaced by some more, as the fat increase their digestive capacity by working out. I thought this was an unsaid rule of the world, of evolution, and of economics and market forces. Growing up is changing something. Some little bits of me have started empathising with those I dismissed earlier. I like reading opinions of people who have actually been there. Who give me the other side of the story to the so-obviously accepted ideas and entities in our world.

this link builds an argument to support what were till now only fears

And today I was in Habitat center where I saw some photos of someplace in Jharkhand where the uranium miners dump the radioactive waste and where almost everyone is either suffering from some fatal disease or is disfigured for life. And till yesterday I was so proud of my country's nuclear prowess.

No comments: