Wednesday, April 26, 2017


sometime later this year, it will be 10 yrs since I created this blog and started scrawling stuff here for posterity. or did I do it to enable imagining myself as a writer, to start off a quiet dream? even I cannot answer that anymore, I don't remember. probably both. probably more the latter.

but over time its taken on quite a different role, much of the time. its become my space to argue with myself, to spell things out to myself. myself. myself.

that's probably also cos I lost all my audience. or since then. cos one thing is for sure, although I self elevate myself to being this talented exceptional person in my head, I am very shy about exhibition. this blog gave me the cover of anonymity that I needed to experiment with showing the world what I wrote or drew. of course, I had to tell that one person then. he was the only one who knew I was writing here. and then I let one more person in - to boast while still feeling shy? I don't know. maybe also cos I was reading hers then and I felt it was unfair this one-sided sharing of secrets. and then another person found out, a lil by accident. but that was it. that stopped there. and anyone else who came here was a stranger to me outside of these white pages. a couple of them became regulars too. but now, now they have all gone. left me here alone, to dig in deeper into myself, to self-censure, to self-pity, to self-aggrandizement; and also to why I called this 'tree house' in the first place - to this secret hiding hole of mine, from where I could shit down onto the world when I so wanted to. without being seen.

I've always been drawn to writers using the people in their lives for their stories. also comedians. it smelt of betrayal, of cowardice, and yet strangely was the bravest thing I could never do. not unless under cover.

for starters, how do I ever write about the little moments of embarrassment my people cause me time and again. of moments when I have steered away or have wished to disown my loved ones, simply because I was embarrassed by their small behavioral oddities. or by their large gaping weaknesses.

nah, I still can't do it.

No comments: