Monday, March 25, 2024

Delhi has been so beautiful this March. Its like it's compensating for more than 4 months of awful pollution. There are numerous shades of fresh leaves, in the range of red and green, and birds have been dancing and singing. The kingfisher is visiting us again today. A sunbird is cleaning her wings and coat. Coppersmiths are flying in and out of their tree-hole-home. Its Holi. And people are starting to understand the idea of consent in playing it. The water is still too cold to swim (I went last Sunday and returned shivering). The habitat international film fest was superb, and fell in the week of my midterm break. I saw different moods of women in different films; there was a focus on movies by women and those from Germany. One of those days I wasn't well, and I took my rest in the Stein auditorium, watching 3 movies, one after the other. I need to start running again though, was taking a break to let calluses heal on the sides of my big toes, and was waiting for new shoes (again) to come. I have fallen in love with this city again, and I didn't think that was possible. Been thinking of getting a bike cos most of my movement is in the small lanes in this corner of the city...

No comments: