Tuesday, September 27, 2022

I've been alone and I've thought a great deal. and I've read and am just about to finish Milk Teeth by Jessica Andrews; the girl goes to Barcelona in this. familiar names of neighborhoods and important streets crop up; names that I had barely learned there, barely reached. He had spent years in Barcelona, was telling me about his time there when I told him I was off to Spain and that would be my last stop. coincidences. K comes back tomorrow. I wonder how i will feel when I see him, i haven't seen his face or his body in the last 10 days, we just talked. I went to a party in the rain, rain enough to cancel plans, but I went because I wanted to feel different i wanted to talk to near strangers i wanted to see how i felt about people. most still don't move me, i feel as if they lack a curiosity of the soul and a carefulness that understands fragility. K has that, and so did he. I miss both and i can't afford to lose any such people. 

No comments: