Friday, March 24, 2023

people feel like possibilities.

and i went from feeling friendless to feeling missed and remembered..

therapy is teaching me that people's response to me is often not about me but they themselves. and thus the realisation that there is often no need to feel embarassment or offence or frustration or anger. I'm feeling more magnanimous with this realisation. if people have galoshes or blinkers on because they're just protecting themselves, then I can be the one to extend an arm out and to smile, even if often they don't notice it or are unable to smile back.

and I'm discovering a lot of music. Rosa Balistreri's voice, reminiscent to me of Chavela Vargas', and through the former, the world of Italian folk (try Cu ti lu dissi), John Lurie and the Lounge Lizards because Mubi happened to have Stranger than Paradise on its movie of the day list y'day (one of the cutest funniest movies ever), some i am already forgetting but Spotify will keep in mind for me: Mose Alison, Screamin Jay Hawkins. 

No comments: