Wednesday, September 9, 2015

an appendix to the post below

a contradiction to my earlier self-censure for forming pictures of people in my head without meeting them in person. It turns out some people are in fact like what I pictured them although they don't look like that in person at all. funny how appearances deceive, that is, more information is sometimes regressive to knowledge.

on other things in life: I wish cars had cameras on their front and the controls lay on the steering wheel just like my synced phone and music controls do. sometimes when I drive back home around 5-5:30pm, toward the west where the sun is slowly retiring, the sky above the interstate is a mass of heavenly beauty, still blindingly bright - enough to have me blinking against it to see the road clearly - with the flat land and roads and barely-trees all seemingly surrendered before the mighty sky. but because I have to concentrate hard on maintaining my lanes at 60 miles/hr and not hitting neighborly cars I can never get my phone camera out and let go of the wheel. If only cars had cameras on their noses.

and yeah, it is so lovely to see the city from the highway, the tall-towers suddenly visible, piercing through the sky. and to know that home is somewhere there.

No comments: