Thursday, April 2, 2015

DC is a beautiful city

In TX my university was my city for lack of getaways. and now in DC the city is becoming my university as I wonder, stop, study, play.

after days of really hard work, I couldn't resist the city today; more so because it was a golden day.

but so unlike the golden days in the lone star state.

this was TX where you could see far into the horizon for lack of admirable architecture, and cos of those famous flatlands (even more enhanced in this picture cos these were the university soccer fields). where the sky was often the most beautiful thing, with brushstrokes of clouds and color.



and this in contrast, is DC. romancing a young spring.


Corcoran College/Museum of Art


Fountain in the midst of Dupont Circle (where I sat sunning for a long time; watching a random guy dancing to his headphones and a toddler in pink, totally fascinated with him)


Embassy of Iraq (with some municipal inspection going on)


Some church on 18th street


Tulips in a private garden




still don't know the name of these flowers; in pink and white. are these magnolias? I always knew those trees to be evergreen(?)


Blossoms (name unknown) with the House of the Temple in the background


Meridian Hill Park

No comments: