Monday, July 30, 2012



so apparently Diane Rehm has a speech disorder; its not only her age that makes her voice sound so frail and labored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM-nrgVVHGU

ok, so I'm usually in favor of equal opportunity in employment and everything, but shouldn't a radio host selection, where voice is the most important, base its choice on the clarity, ease and efficiency of a candidate's voice? aren't there other people who are much better qualified for the job with their voices; and who should get a chance? because someone has a disorder of some kind, should it necessarily imply employing the person in a kind of job where that very disorder is the core of her work? is it sympathy or what?

I know I'm late with my mornings when by the time I've switched on my radio its already 9 and the voice I dread to hear comes on...

No comments: