Monday, June 3, 2024

I dreamt of both of them. One night of seeing him in different places in probably multiple intersecting dreams, and then him disappearing in each. This was after they declined our invitation. And then this morning I dreamed of her after seeing why they had declined: she couldnt make it, was to travel and had a visiting sibling. In this more coherent lifelike dream, of sheltering in some home of hers, changing bedsheets and she telling us it was the wrong sheet, there were lots of people at some large Langar lunch of sorts, and I was swimming in her tiny L-shaped garden pool free like a fish, and when I got out her guard tried to talk to me, lecherous; I found some beautiful taps and buckets of water and plants in some of them, and then a broken bottle which when I showed her turned to harmless translucent soft plastic bits. 

I have discovered Wim Wenders on MUBI. Perfect days, Alice in the cities ("When you drive through America something happens to you"), and then will watch Paris, TX with him; had been searching for that one for years. I feel a strange nostalgia when I watch 70s amrika in movies, although I wasn't even born then.

sometimes laziness comes over me like destiny. I've been reading and watching stuff more than anything else this summer so far. and thinking and dreaming. we did also have some younger colleagues home one evening. some women and their spouses. I realized that day that ppl didn't take Linda Goodman setiously because barely anyone had really read her, "from cover to cover" as a spouse specified, most people barely just skimmed their own zodiac pages and who they would pair best with, no one but me thought of her as a poet and a lyrical writer. and then I found a fan club of her poetry online.

No comments: